FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER $50 SYDNEY METRO | ALL PRICES INCLUDE GST | TASK SUPPLIES
Cart 0

5 Tips to reach your goals in 2021

Achieving Goals Goals 2021 Setting Goals Tips to reach goals

5 Tips to reach your goals in 2021

We are into the second week of 2021 and you already may have broken some of your goals and the new you is thrown out the window. Often we set goals at the end of the year that are unrealistic and unmeasurable. 

According to the University of Scranton, a whopping 92 percent of people who set New Year's goals never actually achieve them. You can count me in that group. Failing to meet goals is pretty frustrating and can set you back. That leaves 8 percent of us in a very elite category of goal-achievers.

So what is the key to reaching your goals in 2021? Here are 5 tips that will get you on the right path of setting and achieving your goals.  

Write down your ideas

All motivational 'gurus' agree that goals should be written down. There is no right or wrong idea and writing down your ideas allows you to categorise and prioritise which goals should be created. 

Share your goals 

Sharing your goals with a close 'confide' is proven to increase the chances of you achieving your goal. This shows you are taking ownership and responsibility of your goals. Most importantly it allows others to help you achieve your goals by checking in on you to see where you are up to with them. An example of this could be is to share a goal with your partner or friend and schedule in a specific day/time in your calendar each month where they ask you how you are going with your goal/s. 

Measuring success 

One of the toughest thing to do is actually measure your success. How can you do this? Well, each goal needs to be measured as a unit and allocated a time. For example, if one of my goals is to clean out my garage then I would need to define what that actually means to me. I might say there is nothing left on the floors, shelves are used to store groceries, space for a car to park etc. I would make a chart that indicates what specifically needs to be done to achieve this and allocate a time against each to get this done. This should be reviewed fortnightly and adjusted accordingly.  

Flexible 

Sometimes we set goals that are difficult to achieve or may not be achieved instantly. The key to achieving success is to review your goal and be flexible. Even if you have broken your goal it does not mean that the goal is finished and can not be achieved, you just need to amend the goal to get going again. For example if my goal is to be able to be fitter and run 14km non stop you will need to ask yourself a series of questions such as:

  • Do I have the right equipment to help me achieve my goal? 
  • You maybe working longer hours and are struggling to exercise in the evening, but can you exercise before work or during a lunch break?
  • Adapting your goals - Perhaps the goal may change to 7km non stop for the first 6 months. 

Motivation 

Being motivated will help you achieve your goals, but getting yourself motivated can be the last thing on your mind when you are working long hours and looking after the family. The good news is motivation comes in many forms and here are a few examples:

  • Music can be a great motivator, so find the genre that gets you moving 
  • Listening to podcasts can help inspire you especially when listening to others and relating to their struggles   
  • Motivational quotes are a good way to keep going and these could be put on your phone, computer, desk or in the gym. 
  • We all watch videos, but watching videos specifically made to motivate us can help to get through a tough day
  • Following those that you admire on social media can help get you going especially if you choose the individuals specific to the goal that you would like to achieve. 
It is never too late to set yourself some goals, use these tips to get yourself motivated with a positive mindset to be a better version of yourself.

Older Post Newer Post


Leave a comment

x